onTAP JTAG Controllers for Test and Programming
Flynn Systems now offers three types of onTAP JTAG test and programming controllers–a standard controller, a low voltage controller and a new low voltage/low impedance controller to support Intel’s Core i7™ and Atom applications.
The standard onTAP JTAG Controller operates at 1.8 to 5.0 VDC; the Low Voltage Controller operates at 0.92 to 3.6 VDC; and the Low Voltage/Low Impedance Controller operates at variable voltages. In addition, the 50 Ohm pull-up and pull-down resistors and common TDI/TDO pin connections for multiple chains, all found in Intel’s Core i7 and Atom applications, are supported.
All three controllers provide a dual channel, 28.8 MHz link between onTAP and your application(s), using Xilinx-style Fly Leads, Xilinx Ribbon Cable or custom adapters as required.
Connect the onTAP JTAG Controller to your application with either the Xilinx ribbon cable, flying leads, or Altera style adaptors. The onTAP JTAG Controller automatically senses and adjusts to target I/O voltages and interfaces to devices operating at 1.8 to 5.0 VDC for the standard controller, or 0.92 to 3.6 VDC for the low voltage controller, using the VREF voltage from the target chain. If there is no VREF available, you can set the voltage for the target application from the onTAP JTAG Controller. This facilitates easy configuration to many different JTAG ports, which is helpful in design and manufacturing.
- Adjustable TCK Clock 280KHz – 15MHz + 28.8MHz
- Dual channel – run two chains from one controller
- Adjustable internal voltage 1.8V – 5.5V for standard controller
- Adjustable internal voltage 0.92V to 3.6V for the low voltage controller
- Auto sensing voltage through VREF for devices operating from 1.8V to 5V w/ standard controller
- Auto sensing voltage through VREF for devices operating from 0.92V to 3.6V w/ low voltage controller
- Connect to popular Xilinx and Altera style adaptors, or use flying leads
- Program Flash in less time than standard controllers
- Test and program multiple chains at high speeds
- Cut test and programming times by at least 30%
- Hot plug and play
Includes High Speed, 6′ mini USB Cable and your choice of connectors: Flying Leads, Xilinx Ribbon Cable, or Altera Adaptor.
- Supported with onTAP on Windows 8.x – 10
- Attaches to USB ports and hubs with off-the-shelf Hi-Speed USB mini cables
- Internally powered at 3.3V from USB ports and hubs.
- Automatically senses and adapts to target I/O Voltages
- Adjustable internal voltage available from 1.8V – 5.5V w/ standard controller
- Adjustable internal voltage available from 0.92V to 3.6V w/ low voltage controller
- Interfaces to devices operating at 1.5 to 5.0 VDC w/ standard controller
- Interfaces to devices operating at 0.99 to 3.6 VDC w/ low voltage controller
- Interfaces to devices operating with variable voltages w/ low impedance controller
- JTAG pin currents +/- 24mA
- Adjustable TCK clock from 280KHz to 15 MHz + 28.8 MHz setting
- Drivers provided
- Compatible with Xilinx Platform Cable USB flying wire leads and High Performance Ribbon Cable
- JTAG pins compatible with the Xilinx Platform Cable USB, including TCK, TMS, TDI, and TDO
- Tri-state, drive, and sense available on the INIT pin
- Cable adaptor available for Altera and other custom headers
- Hot plug and play
- Operates in onTAP single chain and multi-chain / multi-cable JTAG applications
- LED indicators show status of both Vref and Controller voltages
- Suspend state or loss of Vref tri-states outputs on all pins
- Dimensions 3.54″ x 1.97″ x .94″